Greensboro Montessori School’s preschool program is where many students and families begin their Montessori journey. Our preschool serves children as young as 18 months old through pre-K. Unlike many preschools, our Montessori preschool features multiage classrooms across two divisions of our School: Toddler and Primary. This means our Toddler classrooms include students ranging in age from 18 months to 3 years old, and our Primary classrooms include students in pre-K and kindergarten. Every classroom is led by a professional educator who is trained in early childhood development and the Montessori method. They are supported by at least one teaching assistant.
ToddlerOur Toddler division serves students from 18 months to 3 years old in learning environments that encourage freedom of movement, an atmosphere of respect, and the growth of independence. We offer a variety of Toddler enrollment options based on families’ needs for their children:
- Our Half-Day classroom is open from 8:15 a.m. to 12 p.m. with three- and five-day enrollment options. The three-day option runs Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Our Academic-Day classroom is open from 8:15 a.m. to 3 p.m. with three- and five-day enrollment options. The three-day option runs Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Our All-Day classroom is open from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and is only available for five-day enrollment.
PrimaryOur Primary division serves students from 3 to 6 years old in learning environments that encourage students to explore, to cooperate, and to attain academic and social independence. The educational program is distinguished by a core curriculum where each student acquires and applies a breadth of skills during a three-year learning cycle.
We offer a variety of five-day Primary enrollment options:
- Our Half-Day enrollment is from 8:15 to 12 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Our Academic-Day enrollment is open from 8:15 to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Our Extended Care program offers before- and after-school care. Before-school care begins at 7:30 a.m. and after-school care is open until 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
While many students join our Primary division as preschoolers, their time in Primary will include their pre-K and kindergarten years. Most students graduating from our Primary division transition to first grade in our Lower Elementary division.