Welcome to Greensboro Montessori School! So you can quickly get to know us better, we’ve provided a snapshot of our School for your easy viewing and reading.
- Our Vision | To provide the best personalized and hands-on educational experience for our students — one that empowers them to positively impact the world.
- Our Mission | We nurture and challenge students to develop the skills and courage they need to unleash their full potential.
- Established | 1974.
- Governance | Nonprofit organization governed by a 13-member board of trustees.
- Educational Accreditation | Accreditation is a quality assurance process under which independent schools are reviewed by an objective third-party to evaluate if specific standards are met (e.g., curriculum, operations, governance, safety, etc.). A school receives accreditation from the appropriate agency only if these standards are met. Greensboro Montessori School is the only triply accredited Montessori School in the Triad, with accreditations from the:
- Ages Served | Toddlers (18 months old) through ninth grade (15 years old).
- Cultures Represented | Over 20 languages spoken in the homes of our families.
- Enrollment | 220 students.
- Faculty and Staff | 65 full- and part-time administrators and educators.
- School Hours | 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. which includes extended care (before- and after-school hours)
- Tuition | Tuition ranges from $7,968 to 18,108 yearly.
- Financial Assistance | Beginning in kindergarten, students are eligible for our Financial Assistance Program.25% of our K-9 student population are able to attend our School withthe support of this robust program. The yearly tuition ranges shown above reflect the lowest possible tuition (i.e., a family applies for and receives a maximum financial assistance award) to our published, full tuition for the 2020-21 academic school year. Greensboro Montessori School also participates in the North Carolina Opportunity Scholarship.
- Cultural Education | Computer science, environmental education, physical education, Spanish language, visual art, and world music.
- Summer Programs | In a traditional school year, Greensboro Montessori School offers a seven-week summer camp for toddlers through sixth grade, plus a variety of themed camps for students in fourth to ninth grades.
- Technology | 80+ iPads for student use. Our Upper School (encompassing grades four through nine) has four Smart Boards for classroom use and group presentations. Our educators and administrators use MacBooks.
- Athletics | In a traditional year, Upper School students compete in the Independent School League in five sports: soccer, flag football, volleyball, basketball and cross country. Due to COVID-19, the Independent School League has canceled athletics for the 2020-21 school year.
For a more visual representation of our School, take a glimpse at campus life by visiting our Instagram Page, or if you’re ready to apply, please visit our Admissions page to learn more about the application process. We are thrilled you’re interested in Greensboro Montessori School and look forward to meeting you.