Volunteering at GMS
Parents are encouraged to take an active part in their children’s education. Volunteering in the classroom, attending parent conferences, athletic events, student productions and performances, working in the gardens, chaperoning on field trips, or as a member of the GMS Community Association, are just a few ways you can make a difference in the lives of our students!
We actively seek volunteer help for the following roles and events:
- Classroom Volunteers (reading partners, cultural presentations, craft projects, seasonal celebrations, etc.)
- Room Parents and Division Coordinators
- Community Garden Workdays (Fall and Spring)
- Scholastic Bookfair (Fall and Spring)
- Fall Festival – First Sunday in October
- International Fair – January/February
- Green & White Bash – Spring Event & Fundraiser
Room Parents and Division Coordinators:
The role of the Room Parent is to help create community within the classroom and act as a liaison between the parents, faculty, and administration. Room Parents are a valuable source of help and support for the school and the classroom. Each classroom generally has two Room Parents.
The role of the Division Coordinator is to maintain contact with Room Parents throughout the year, encouraging their activities and funneling information to them through the various event chairs regarding volunteer needs, school wide activities, etc. Each group of room parents in a single division will choose one representative to be a Room Parent Division Coordinator. Division Coordinators attend monthly GMSCA Steering Committee meetings as requested.
Volunteer with the GMSCA:
The GMSCA is seeking volunteers to help in the following initiatives:
Finance and Fundraising